News and Announcements
General for Parents:
Please read and familiarize yourself with the following Covid safety information:
We are following current First Stage FHBC and ViaSport Return to Sport guidelines. This means:
-noncontact socially distanced training is allowed.
-no game play.
-no spectators are allowed on or around the field.
-focus is on skill development.
Prior to the athletes first training session, each player must bring a completed Covid-19 Attestation form signed by their parent. You can download this form from the documents section of the webpage www.falcons.ca The form is also attached to this email.
This is required to participate. A safety officer for your team will be at the entrance to the field collecting these forms. This will be the only time you need to bring a paper form.
Prior to subsequent sessions, parents can submit Covid 19 Health Check under the Links section of the website or use the following link: http://www.falcons.ca/forms/23399-Covid-19-Health-Check
Participant Personal Safety
-come dressed ready to play.
- bring your own water bottle.
- washroom access for emergency only.
- there will be a designated personal belonging area.
-only athletes, coaches and safety officers allowed in field of play.
- parking lot for pick-up and drop off only.
-wear a mask prior to and after each session.
Field Access Plan
-There will be a marked entrance (northeast side of Winskill turf) and exit (northwest side of turf). Please respect these designated areas at pick up and drop off.
Let’s have a fun and safe season!
FHBC is pleased to announce that registration is open for the Southeast Technical Development Programs for U14, U16 and U18 boys & girls.
The deadline has been extended until* April 5th*. Please note registration is limited to maintain an athlete coach ratio of 8:1. All registration will be on a first come-first served basis.
U14 Southeast Boys & Girls (Born: 2007 and 2008)
6 sessions, Saturdays, 6:00 – 7:30 pm, starting April 10th @ Tamanawis
U16 Southeast Boys & Girls (Born: 2005 and 2006)
6 sessions, Saturdays, 7:30 – 9:00 pm, starting April 10th @ Tamanawis
U18 Southeast Girls (Born: 2003 and 2004)
6 sessions, Sundays, 6:00 – 7:30 pm, starting April 11th @ Tamanawis
U18 Southeast Boys (Born: 2003 and 2004)
6 sessions, Sundays, 7:30 – 9:00 pm, starting April 11th @ Tamanawis
SOUTHEAST PROGRAM ELIGIBLITY
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this program is open only to athletes associated with clubs located in the SE region (Abbotsford, Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, Richmond, Surrey, etc.).
Falcons uniform orders for U11-U18 players will be available for pick up on March 18 & April 8 from 6:00-7:30 at the Diefenbaker Park storage building, located just off of the parking lot. Please check your registration confirmation email to check what you have ordered.
Uniforms and skorts will also be available for in-person purchase of those dates as well. Payment will be accepted by cash or cheque made out to Delta Falcons Field Hockey. Jersey or skorts are $50 each.
Please be aware that physical distancing will be in place and that masks must be worn when picking up uniform parts.
There will be limited opportunity to pick-up outside of these dates. Please contact Nathalie McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot make these times.
Registration for Junior Spring Season is now open!
Go to the Links section of the webpage to register .
You can access the PDF version of this document here.
Communique #9 – December 3, 2020
December 3rd, 2020 PHO Order Interpretation
Adult Activity Suspension and Youth Program return to ‘First Stage’ Return to Responsible Play
Dear Field Hockey BC Members,
On behalf of the Field Hockey BC (FHBC) Board of Directors, I am writing to provide for an important update concerning the intent and expectation of the December 3rd, 2020 Provincial Health Office (PHO) order. The PHO order released today can be accessed at the following link:
Shortly after the PHO order was released, Field Hockey BC attended a viaSport BC meeting to gain the clarification required in order to provide for this communique to membership. In short, the Provincial Health Office and viaSport BC is requiring the Organized Sport Sector to further limit the amount of physical interactions and travel to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
What does this mean for Field Hockey activity?
Adults (19 years old and over):
· Effective immediately, Field Hockey activity for Adults (19 years old and over) is suspended.
· Individual adults may continue to train alone (where permissible within their local community).
· High-Performance Adult athletes that are identified as Canadian Sport Institute (CSI) targeted athletes with either Field Hockey Canada (NSO) or Field Hockey BC (PSO) have an exemption to continue to participate and travel to NSO or PSO programming. Such programming is subject to ‘First Stage’ Responsible Return to Play guidelines (now requiring a 3m physical distancing protocol – up from the previous 2m protocol).
Youth (18 years old and under):
· Youth Field Hockey activity (18 years old and under) may continue BUT MUST be delivered according to ‘First Stage’ Responsible Return to Play (requiring full physical distancing protocols).
· The ‘First Stage’ Responsible Return to Play Framework requires a 2m Physical Distancing Protocol, however, the December 3rd, 2020 PHO Order now requires (effective immediately) a 3m Physical Distancing Protocol.
· Adult coaches and safety officers are permitted to continue to lead full physical distanced youth field hockey programming.
Can one travel to access Field Hockey programming?
· Travel at this time is restricted to the local community where one resides.
· It is permissible for travel to take place to a ‘home’ club in order to access programming (for those able to participate in such programming under the PHO order).
For further detail regarding Field Hockey’s COVID-19 response and to access the Responsible Return to Play Framework documentation, please access this information housed on the Field Hockey BC website at: https://fieldhockeybc.com/covid-19-response/. Further reference material can be found on the viaSport BC website at https://www.viasport.ca/return-sport.
It is likely that that Organized Sport Sector will experience a number of further updates around this order as we approach the New Year and Field Hockey BC will continue to provide as much clarity to our community membership as possible. Despite the restrictions imposed by this latest PHO Order, Field Hockey BC trusts that our community will remain vigilant in helping to flatten the COVID-19 curve and in doing so progressively move the collective organized sport sector towards greater freedoms for participation in 2021.
Yours in sport,
Field Hockey BC
December 3, 2020
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Registration | Events Calendar | Clubs in BC | About Us
BC Member Clubs
Join our Mailing List!
If you have any information on upcoming events, programs, human interest, awards or other field hockey news that you’d like to see shared by FHBC, please contact email@example.com
Field Hockey BC | 604.737.3146 | http://fieldhockeybc.com/
Field Hockey BC | Suite 101, 7455 132nd Street, Surrey, British Columbia V3W 1J8 Canada
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by firstname.lastname@example.org powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact – Try it FREE today.
Try email marketing for free today!